Sunday, July 10, 2011

The mighty K

This treatment is really been a continuous learning... Hahaha... Now I find out K... Aka potassium... Hehehe...
With this business of taking mega doses of dexamethasone to deflate the brain I have some "undesirable" reactions as swelling (it deflates the brain and swells the rest of body... Hahaha... It is because of salt retention inside the body... Hummm... I became a giant snack... Hahaha...), reduced muscle strength, tingling, insomnia, constipation, fatigue, abdominal distension (biiiig belly... kkkk...) and acne... There must other things... But it's enough for me right... I do not want to experience all the symptoms do not J
I was never a big fan of banana... Hahaha... Now I eat it every day... I'm getting used to it... Hahaha... Of course I do not try to restore the potassium only by eating banana... No one deserves it... But it is interesting to note that the body requires just what he needs!
Occasionally I have a crazy desire to eat something and when I research I realize that such food is exactly what my body is missing... Cool huh? But hey… Pay attention... Being desiring is different from having the lust to eat that with hamburger and fries... Hahaha... I will not deny that sometimes I really want that… From the bottom of my greediness... Hahaha....
I've been eating well... Thankfully, that sick feeling is gone... And I'm feeling better... Now I have the strength to do physical therapy... Soon I will do further tests and consultations... In the next newsletter I'm sure I can say that from now there will be only attendance... No more treatment! See ya!
Ah... Information is important right? Where is the potassium after all... Look... That was a little of what I found...
Sources:
- Vegetables: broccoli, spinach, beets, cauliflower, green peppers, chicory, peas, carrots, onions, potatoes with skin.
- Fruits: oranges, raisins, avocado, banana, apricot, cherry, prune, peach with peel, dried figs, melons, blackberries, tomatoes, pear water, lemon juice, pineapple, mango sword, apple with peel.
- Cereals: chickpeas, beans, wheat germ, soybeans, lentils, peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts, chestnuts and walnuts.
- Meat, poultry, milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, shrimp fresh and seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment