Thursday, October 7, 2010

Bellerophon vs Chimera

On 05/17/10 I went to the first session of chemotherapy... I was anxious because I did not know how it was done exactly!
First, a nurse measures blood pressure, temperature and asks how you have been feeling.... If you had any reaction from the last chemo.... She also analyzes the blood test (previously released by the doctor).
Yeah, every time I do chemo, blood tests are required to check if I am not anemic or something, if you are anemic you can’t do the chemo.... That's why I feed well when Sushi (the cat that lives in my stomach) is not shaking.
After that, we go into the application cubicle... it is a nice little room with a comfortable chair (those reclining one) for me.... and one chair for my companion (poor companion because the chair is not one of the confortable ones!)... Tv, remote control, cable TV and nurses calling button.
Then the fight begins Bellerophon (chemo) vs Chimera (malignant nant nant tumor... lol ... A "butterfly" is put in a vein in the hand... The sequence of this phase is: a remedy against sickness... Chemotherapy (2 bags - one red and one white)... and serum.
It sounds easy right? But it takes a looooooooooooooooong time.... the whole process takes about 3 hours... I came out really well from the session, I was not feeling anything.
Only in the late afternoon the stomach began to get a little sick... So I decided to take a walk with Thiby (my dog)... They warned me that the skin would be sensitive and I would have to wear sunscreen, but I didn’t know the effect was so fast!!!!! The next day I was looking like a baboon.... Red faced.... kkkkkk..... And I was feeling such a bad sickness that I could barely drink water.... Toast smell made me sick too.... And so it was until the end of the week.
I confess it was a hard week.... Because I could not eat anything... The only thing that I could eat was lemon popsicle.... OW..... After 3 days feeling sick, I was also very weak because I could not eat, but everything ended!
And the fight against Chimera was only in the beginning.... and there were seven sessions ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment